Friday, September 9, 2011

No Way to Prepare

I felt prepared coming into this week.  My menu was ready.  Activities were organized and ready to go for my daughter and the little boy I baby sit.  The house was in relatively good order.  I was on top of the laundry.  I was feeling good.

But there was no way to prepare for this:





These photos were taken on NY Route 7 in Nineveh,  NY - 19 miles northeast of Binghamton.  Our area is flooded.  Water has reached historic levels in some areas and very close to record levels on our part of the river.  Our house is high and dry but our neighbors to the church are not.  We will be working in the coming days to come alongside them as they pump out basements, shovel out muck as well as doing the same cleaning in the church basements.

Today, it seems that getting drinking water and food-stuffs into town will be the priority.  We are making plans to serve some meals from the church.  If your pantry is dry and overflowing, or if you have extra hands and are willing to help, please contact me at thrivingmama@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment