Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Cream Soup/Sauce
16 cups chopped Butternut Squash (2 large squashes)
6-8 cups Water (to thin soup to your preference after blending)
6 Vegetable Bullion Cubes
¾ teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Marjoram
1 ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt (may want to taste before adding as bullion can make soup salty)
2-8oz packages Cream Cheese
- Peel, gut and chop butternut squash.
- Combine all 6 cups of water and remaining ingredients except cream cheese into your slow cooker, turn it on low and leave it for 6-8 hours or until the squash is thoroughly cooked. It can be cooked on high if you need to shorten the cooking time.
- When preparing to eat, dollop cream cheese on top of the ingredients in the crock pot and leave them to soften.
- Once cream cheese has warmed and is melting, blend soup with an immersion blender right in the slow cooker. If you don’t have an immersion blender, blend cooled soup VERY CAREFULLY in a standard mixer. Add more water to thin to suit your preference.
- Enjoy with warm bread, or over pasta.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.
This post is linked up at Life As Mom's Ultimate Thanksgiving Recipe Swap