Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cooking with Dad: Pad Thai

padthaiWhen I visit my folks, or they visit us,  Dad and I like to embark on culinary adventures.  In the past, these journeys have included Mediterranean feasts and homemade raviolis.  Tonight we went on a pseudo-Thai adventure.  Inspired by a Pad Thai Throwdown we used the directions and methods from the recipe given but cheated and used the Thai Kitchen sauce.  The finished result was super tasty and comparable to pad-Thai I've had in restaurants.

I've made pad-Thai before but I think what made all the difference with these directions was how the noodles were prepared.  For this recipe, you soak the noodles in cold water for 30 minutes and then steam them in the wok (or electric frying pan) with the other ingredients.  They were cooked perfectly and not a pile of mush like I've made before.

So if you're in the mood for Thai, and take-out is not available, give this a shot.  Most major grocery stores will have the ingredients you will need!

No comments:

Post a Comment