Friday, October 2, 2009

Freezer Friday: Tropical Banana Bread/Muffins

freezerfridaysm This week was banana week in my kitchen.  I ended up with a bunch of bananas that needed to be baked with.  So I made GBaby Teething Biscuits/Cookies, and I made a bunch of Banana Pancakes that have made it to the freezer and I also made the following Tropical Banana Bread.  I made a double batch and put two loaves and almost two dozen muffins into the freezer for later. On a completely different note, I also made TVP Meatballs this week and froze a bunch.  I will try to get that recipe up soon.

Tropical Banana Bread
2 Eggs

1 cup Brown Sugar

2 cups Pureed Bananas

2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil

1/2 cup Pineapple Juice

3 cups Unbleached Flour (can substitute up to half whole wheat)

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1 cup chopped Walnuts

1 cup crushed Pineapple

1 cup flaked Coconut



Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350*

2. Beat eggs and brown sugar together.  Add bananas, vanilla, vegetable oil and pineapple juice and blend until smooth.

3. Add flour and baking soda and mix thoroughly.

4. Mix in walnuts, pineapple and coconut.

5. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans or into prepared muffin tins (makes 2 dozen).

6. Bake loaf pans for 50-60 minutes and muffins for 17-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment