[Freezer] Twice Baked Potatoes
2 1/2 lbs of baking potatoes (I chose smaller potatoes as I intended them to serve as a side dish)
2 Tbs shortening
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 Tbs Butter
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4-3/4 cups Sour Cream
1. Wash your potatoes and rub shortening on the skins. Then sprinkle with salt. This step adds a lot of flavor to the potatoes.
2. Bake potatoes on a baking sheet (I cooked mine at 425 for an hour) until fork tender.
3. Let potatoes cool until you can handle them. Cut them in half and scoop out the meat of the potato into a mixing bowl.
4. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and butter and mash thoroughly. Add sour cream until your potatoes are the consistency of a thick mashed potato, or cookie dough. Amount of sour cream will vary depending on how much potato filling you have.
5. Fill your potatoes.
6. [Freezing] If you're freezing them, let them cool at this point and put the baking sheet in the freezer until they're set. Then wrap in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn and place in zip top bag to freeze.
7. [Baking] Place thawed (or just prepared) Twice Baked Potatoes on a baking sheet. Add a bit of cheese to the top for looks and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are completely heated. Baking time will vary by size of potatoes. You can also add bacon bits before baking or chopped steamed broccoli or chili after baking.