Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Sunshine: Moms

Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude through giving. 


This week is Mother's Day and I'm very thankful for my daughter and the blessing it is to be her Mom and the joy it is to have Itty Bitty on the way.


I wouldn't be here, nor be the Mom I am if it weren't for my Mom.  It was a treat this week to get a quick visit from my parents as they passed through our area.  Until you're a mom, I don't think you fully realize the sacrifices your mom makes.  With all three of us kids born within four years, my poor mom must have gone four years without sleep, and then interrupted sleep for the next 6 at least!  And yet I don't remember any, exhausted-Mommy-meltdowns as a small child.  I can only hope my children don't remember mine!  


I remember cooking and baking with my mom.  She and my grandmothers gave me my first lessons in gardening, canning, sewing and crochet.  Mom taught me how to shop the best deals in the grocery store and the department store clearance racks.  From my first allowance, Mom (and Dad) taught us the invaluable skills of budgeting.  All these things that are part of my daily life now, thanks to my Mom.


Mom taught us how to pray and I know, has prayed for her children and grandchildren every day for the last 34+ years.  Love, patience, organization and faith are the traits that exude from my Mom.  I'm the Mom I am today, because of the great Mom I had.  Happy Mother's Day Mom!



So many things to be thankful for, and so often I miss them.  I hope we can all seek out the things to be thankful for this week!


Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment