Friday, May 18, 2012

Freezer Friday: Cookie Dough & Twice Baked Potatoes

This week was grocery week and there was a lot of eating of leftovers.  Have I mentioned that both HandyMan and G-Tot will eat just about anything I put in front of them?  Happily.  Makes for a happy Mama!  Especially this week since I had a bit of extra work on my plate.  So the leftovers were devoured, groceries were purchased and Thursday morning, G-Tot was out in the yard helping HandyMan with projects and I got alone cooking time- for a while anyway!

I whipped up cookie dough for the freezer.  Usually I'll scoop it out and freeze the dough balls so they're ready to bake, this time I was lazy and just put it into containers.  I press plastic wrap into the top of the cookie dough so that it won't grow those little ice crystals around the top that seriously mess with the flavor of a good cookie.

I also made twice baked potatoes for the freezer.  This is a new recipe for me to try to freeze, but I used a mashed potato recipe from my Freezer Pleaser's cookbook and have high hopes.  The ones we had for lunch were fantastic.  They'll go great beside kielbasa or burgers this summer and this fall I'm thinking of topping them with chili, steamed broccoli, etc.

I also got a batch of granola made, but that just went to the pantry.  That's about all for this week.  Did you get anything stashed in your freezer this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment