Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Sunshine: Craft Fair Calm, Beef Barley Soup and Good Days

sundaysunshinesm Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week.

I have some grace-hangovers from last week to start off this week.  If you've been following you know that I had a craft fair last Saturday.  I'm generally a little "type A" if you know what I mean.  When I started setting up and realized a good portion of my display materials had not made it into the car, and I calmly went about creating a different display with what I had and my blood pressure didn't even bump.  Applefest was an outdoor fair and it was grey all day long, but the rain waited until the end of the day to start.  Since it poured at this event the entire day last year, this was indeed a grace.

On Sunday, I was craving beef-barley soup and trying to squeeze the ingredients out of my remaining grocery budget for the month.  Finally I decided that I'd wait and it could be an October meal.  Later Sunday evening I was making plans with a friend to get together on Tuesday and double-team our kids and get some kitchen projects done.  She says - I can bring beef barley soup, I'm making it for dinner monday and we'll have leftovers.  And the heavens opened and a light shone down and the angels sang.  Well not really but it was a pretty cool moment.

This week I also managed to stay on top of my chores and tasks and Gbaby and I had a great drive to NH where I am hanging out for the week.  It's always fun to spend time with my folks and to see friends. I am again so thankful that we were able to settle down within a reasonable driving distance of so much of our family.

So, what has brightened your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment