Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And We're Up!

Welcome to ThrivingMama!  In the last year I’ve had three friends ask how my family and I ended up with our simplistic way of life.  I’m a relatively new gardener, but I’ve had folks ask about gardening.  I’m and avid cook and baker and I’ve had dozens ask for copies of my recipes – and most recipes I’ve tweaked enough that they really are mine.

I am a child of the internet age and can find more information that I usually want with a few short keystrokes and I love a challenge.  So ThrivingMama is my challenge to share some of what I’ve learned: my recipes, my gardening tips and links to folks who are gifted in areas that I am not.  Time is valuable and I don’t see the point in re-creating what someone else has already done!

I have chosen to put family first, to live frugally and to choose to be content, instead of longing for things that are beyond our means.

So welcome, please, roam around, ask questions and feel free to e-mail me at thrivingmama@gmail.com. Check out some of my Philosophies to get a feel for my take on such mundane things as cleaning and cooking and I've posted some of my favorite Recipes to get things started.

Giveaways!

And what is a Grand Opening without party without giveaways?  Not this one!  Help me get the word out about my new site, and get up to three entries into the contest.

One lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate for Charity’s Candles & Crafts (yes, shameless self promotion on two fronts!).  Get ready for fall with our Spiced Apple Cider or Hot Chocolate soy candles- so yummy!

1. Contest ends Friday, July 31st at 5 pm EST. Winners will be announced in a post on that date.

2. Entry #1: Leave a comment (or Reply just saying how you found this blog and you want to win.

3. Entry #2: Leave a SEPARATE second comment telling me in what way you promoted this contest (i.e., posting it in a forum, posting about it on your blog, Tweet about it, emailing all your friends, and/or subscribe to my feed by email or in a reader).  Make sure to leave your Twitter name or blog address.

4. Entry #3: In a SEPARATE third comment, tell me one thing you are most thankful for and one thing that will always bring a smile to your face.

5. Winner will be selected by Random.org.

7/16 Edited to Add (ETA):  Yes - Family and friends are certainly eligable and the "Reply" is the same as "Comment" :)

Happy browsing and don't forget to subscribe to the RSS feed with the button above :).

19 comments:

  1. Is leaving a reply the same as leaving a comment? I heard about your site from Facebook. Thanks for the links. Everything looks great here. And of course I want to win if I'm eligible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am advertising your website on my FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too I wanna win, I won nothing at your baby shower so you kinda owe me. :) I found this via your FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What makes me happy and thankful is... our daughters and their/our health. Knowing that God is in control and that we're in His service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your website through Karin's FB post - love it! I'll post a link for my friends too...
    I am thankful right now that my husband is making my daughter giggle in the next room and my baby is sleeping soundly in her crib!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your website on Karin's FB - love it! It will definately be bookmarked...right now I'm trying to find a recipe for my husband's company picnic...blah!

    I am thankful right now that my husband is making my daughter giggle in the next room while my baby is sleeping soundly!

    I'll post a link on my FB too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I would now go on this blog every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment #2:
    I will post something on my blog (and I will email you the site) to further advertise Charity's Candles.. again, I'll do anything for free candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comment #1: I follow you, your various blogs, and your adventures across the country. I'd love to win a coupon for candles! I love your candles and hoard them all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comment #3:
    Today, I pulled in the driveway, and I saw my little boy riding his bike on the patio--and he exclaimed,
    "MOMMY'S HOME!" That made me feel like a million bucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Comment #1 Met you at a craft fair and bought some of your candles. Love them. So I wouldn't mind winning a gift certificate for another one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. followed forward from email. the site looks great-keep bloging

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that you are doing a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, posting this to my facebook, my blog, and a few message boards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found this blog on facebook and I would love to win your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have subscribed to your feed and I have tweeted about it. Tweet address: FarmMom58

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am most thankful that Jesus is my savior and thinking about my grandchildren will always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good start. I love candles! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the link Sara

    ReplyDelete