Saturday, July 25, 2009

Almond Butter-cream Frosting

Last week I made a fabulous HV Chocolate Cake.  I love chocolate cake with butter-cream frosting. However, when I hit my favorite recipe site for a butter-cream frosting recipe, the recipes it returned to me wereshortening based frosting.  Uh, no.  I like to at least use margarine.  So I pulled out the trusty Betty Crocker binder that HandyMan brought to our marriage and started with Betty's Butter-cream Frosting recipe, and as usual, modified it.  Here is what I ended up with and it was great!

Almond Butter-cream Frosting

3 cups Confectioners Sugar

1/3 cup stick Margarine

2-4 tablespoons Milk

1 teaspoon Almond Extract

Directions:

1.  Mix margarine and confectioners sugar on low until the margarine and sugar make a coarse mixture.

2.  Add almond extract and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.  Mix thoroughly between milk additions.  Stop when the frosting is the consistency you desire.

When I made the frosting this time it was a bit thinner than normal but it set up beautifully!
almondbuttercream

No comments:

Post a Comment