Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cloth Diapers Tips & Tricks

diapertips1Processing used cloth diapers is not as difficult or as gross as I had imagined.  When we agreed that we were going to use cloth diapers, I put a condition on it that I wanted diaper sprayers on both our upstairs and downstairs toilets.  I’m so glad I did!  We used the directions from GidgetGoesHome.com and the final product is great and it is about half the cost of the prepackaged kits.

I’ve been told it helped that since I nursed GBaby it saved us from the “formula-diapers”.  I’ve heard they can be pretty bad.  Breastmilk diapers rinse right off and so far all of the real-food diapers have shaken right off into the toilet.  After a quick rinse, our prefolds go into the Rubbermaid until laundry day.

diapertips2I also wrote Tips for Laundering Cloth Diapers that is published at Helium.com.  Check it out for more great information.

We live in a rurual area where diaper services are not available.  If you live in a more populated area you have the option of letting someone else take care of all the cr... dirty diapers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment