Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Sunshine

Practicing contentment by remembering the gracesof the week(s) and practicing gratitude by giving.

It seems that I've entered a season of life in which time for reflection is sparse.   G-Tot is adding words and phrases to her vocabulary on an hourly basis and wakes up running!  I grope for coffee and breathe a prayer, and shuffle into the day.

I'm so thankful to have a little bit of time today to get organized for the week to come, to process the last few weeks and to just sit, alone, with my thoughts.

We have enjoyed visits from family, a decent craft show, and today celebrated church members who have celebrated 80 (or more) birthdays.  What a blessing to see these spry "youngsters" join us each week, and oh the stories they tell!

I've been pulled into the tidal wave of planning and fundraising for our church's VBS program that will take  place in August.  It's a joy to see all the little folks involved and running around at church too.

While it is only July, I'm glad for craft supply sales as I begin to plan what I'm going to do with G-Tot and another two-year-old that I baby-sit in the fall.  I'm also grateful for all the moms who are much better at that kind of stuff than I am and post their ideas on their blogs!

The gloomy fog of June has lifted and sunshine reigns in our area.  My garden thrives and wild berries are taking over my flower beds.  I choose to have no complaints.

I hope you can choose to do the same this week!

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment