Friday, July 16, 2010

Freezer Friday: Blueberries

freezerfridaysmOne of my favorite things about where we live is the organic blueberry orchard where we pick every year.  Their bushes are all 5 to 7 feet tall and picking is easy!  So far we've made it home with about 6 quarts of berries for less than $12 - can't beat that!  And it's a fun family outing to boot!

I portioned some of the blueberries for HV Blueberry Bread and pies and sent them to the freezer.  The rest I loaded into the dehydrator:

upick124 hours later, I had about 6 cups of dehydrated blueberries - with not additives! - that GBaby loves to snack on and I will use when I make granola.  I have a feeling that these will go fast so I'm hoping to make it out to the orchard for more berries next week!


This post is linked at:


Life As Mom's Frugal Friday


A Few of My Favorite Things

No comments:

Post a Comment