Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Treats

The weather is warming up, this is the last week of school in our area.  I know - they go so late up here! I thought I'd put up a few of my favorite summer goodies that are pushing their way onto our menu and into the cooking line-up in the coming weeks.

Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam - Strawberries are in peak season right now and we've already picked about 15 pounds worth that have been put in the freezer.  I'm planning on going back on Saturday to get some more for jam.

Fajitas - This wonderful grill meal has already made it on the menu in June and will be making an encore appearance in July.  It is such an easy meal that can keep everyone happy!

Dozen Layer Finger Jello - When I asked HandyMan back in May what he wanted to see more of on the menu, he said "jello".  Go figure. I guess it's time to make finger jello again!

Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Pie - This is a go-to easy recipe for a quick, easy, cold summer dessert.  I just have to figure out what occasion to make it for.

What fun summer recipes are you dusting off as the weather warms up?

2 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter Cip Freezer Pie--I vote for 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so making that pie next week, any for the reason we will be home. :)

    ReplyDelete