Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Sunshine



Practicing contentment by remembering the gracesof the week(s) and practicing gratitude by giving.

This week I'm thankful for work and for needs being met in excess.  I had a wonderful day out of the house at a craft fair on Saturday.  While the clouds threatened the show all day, the rain held off until I was packed up and on the way home!

Today was Children's Sunday at church and it was a great celebration of the involvement of the children and youth.  It was particularly great to have one of our high school guys give the sermon.  He did a great job!  I'm also so blessed by the Sunday School teachers who work so hard!  I know G-Tot has thoroughly enjoyed Sunday School this year.

I have blossoms on my tomatoes and strawberries that are almost ripe - both of these things make me very happy!  We continue to be blessed by friends who will take G-Tot for an evening or afternoon so that HandyMan and I can get some time together.  We had a great movie and icecream date last week.  (Thanks W's!)

Kiddie pools, sprinklers and bubbles also bring great joy on the hot summer days we've had lately!  We also had a wonderful afternoon with friends on Friday, complete with great food, sunshine and some r&r next to the kiddie pool.

Our lives have been full and blessed.  I hope you can find the blessings in your week!

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment