Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"My name is Chubby..."

A few weeks ago HandyMan spent many hours on a bus with a bunch of high school students.  At one point when I called him, he was being pulled away for a game of Chubby Bunny.  The Chubby Bunny game I knew involved lots of marshmallows and usually gets messy-he assured me that this was not the same game and gave me a brief overview and it got lost in the minutia of the day.

Fast forward to this afternoon.   I'm sitting on the footstool in our playroom and GGirl comes up to me, with flat hands squishes my cheeks towards my mouth and says "Mommy!  Say 'My name is Chubby Bunny.'"  Apparently HandyMan or one of the teens from the trip taught GGirl the Chubby Bunny game.  She went on with other lyrical lines, but in between laughter and trying to repeat my lines, my mind went back a -ahem- few years to my grandparents house and my cousins teaching me a similar game about Chubby and his motorcycle.

While the new version is a cleaned up rhyme, it is still fun and brought some good laughs to this Mama and the 4 and a half year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment