Friday, December 4, 2009

Freezer Friday: Soup & Cinnamon Rolls

freezerfridaysmThis was week one of my December Menu Challenge, so I was working towards pulling things out of the freezer, rather than filling it up.

But, Monday was still November so it didn't really count for the Menu Challenge and since I hadn't made the Cinnamon Rolls over Thanksgiving weekend, I just HAD to.  So I made a nice big batch and froze up three pans of them.

I've found that these Cinnamon Rolls reheat wonderfully if they're properly protected in the freezer.  Breads usually have a freezer life of about three months for the best results.  I take my block of cooled Cinnamon Rolls, wrap it in foil and then place the foil packet in a gallon freezer zip top bag.

cinnrollfrz

On the menu this week was Butternut Squash Cream Soup round two.  I had squash to use up, and I also had a small pumpkin.  I combined them and also added more water this time and the final result was great.  GBaby still loves it!  So, one container to the fridge for later this week, three quarts to the freezer for later this winter.

How's your freezer doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment