Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Batch Cooking

(photo credit)

December is here and around here, that means baking and stashing.  This Christmas I'm bringing back some of the candies my grandparents made and some goodies that bring back so many memories!  Here are a few of the things on my batch cooking list for the beginning of this month.  Stay tuned for more recipes as the month goes on!

-Grandpa George's Peanut Brittle



-Grandma Foy's Fudge

-Grandma Jean's Molasses Cookies

-Easy Sugar Cookies

-Reduced Sugar Strawberry Spread

-Cranberry Orange Scones

It's also time to restock the freezer of beans so I will be cooking up white, pinto and black beans.  The Cowboy Beans from September's batch cooking were a hit so I'll be making up more of those and Burrito Bakes (everything you like in a burrito, layered between tortillas lasagna style and topped with lettuce, salsa and sour cream).

On the breakfast front it's time to make up more Drop Biscuit Mixes and oatmeal packets.

Friday will be grocery day (while one batch of beans are in the crock pot!) and then I have my work cut out for me on Saturday and Sunday, but hopefully it will lend itself to a bit of ease later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment