Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: Christmas is In the Air

DSC04507 Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

Christmas is right around the corner and I am so blessed to be surrounded by a loving community and looking forward to time with family.  I am cherishing the wonderful simplicity that is Christmas in our home this year, and am enjoying the giving of the season.  (I have lots of cookies & goodies - anyone want some?)  Like everyone else, our calendar has been jammed with activity, but I've been able to hold to the peace of the season, and for that I'm grateful.

This week has brought less leisure computer time [read: less blogging] and more time with friends in celebration of the Christmas season, more baking, and more time crafting and playing with GBaby.   We had a fun play-date/cookie decorating morning with friends this week as well as a grown-up evening out.

I'm grateful for the "neighborly kindness" of friends who have let me run laundry through their washers and am thankful for my new washer-wherever it may be!

I took Charity's Candles out for a fundraiser on Saturday and did well for everyone.  I've started a new job and am loving the technical challenges that it is giving me to work my brain and trouble-shoot outside the daily stuff.

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment