Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: First Snow

27241113550_ORIGPracticing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

Today, I woke up to the sounds of the first "real" snow: the snow plow.  It really wasn't much - maybe an inch - but G had fun exploring the weird, cold white stuff that stuck to her shoes.  Now as I sit in front of a raging fire in the pellet stove, I appreciate the quiet of the afternoon.

I'm so glad to be well from the bug caught me last Sunday and kicked me in the pants for three days.  A full night's sleep last night was great too!

Friday I was invited to a Ladies' Christmas Dinner held at a local church which was amazing.  Decorations were beautiful, company was great and it was a wonderful time of soaking in the peace and joy that surround the True Meaning of Christmas.

This time of year, I'm always blessed to see generosity extended to meet the needs of others in the community.  It's always amazing to see what a small group of dedicated, thoughtful people can make happen!

Finally, today was especially blessed by the willing hands of friends to help out.  While I was busy with one project, others were chasing after my daughter, and another was fixing the door to my car so that it would open and close properly.  Yet another reminder to me that we're not meant to go it alone in this world.

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment