In order to put the flooring into the Catch-All Room, everything needs to come out. It was really a blessing in disguise that everything has to come out. It has forced me to re-think the space, under the influence of pregnancy nesting hormones, and I really thought about what I wanted to go back into the space and how we want to use the space in the coming months and years. I thought about other problem areas in the house and how they may be resolved. And the dominoes started falling.
Here's the list of 10 areas that we came up with. Some solutions will be big projects, and some small but all lined up in the Domino Projects list, in no particular order:
- Need to put flooring in the Catch-All room.
- My candle stuff taking up more space in the house and less time being devoted to the business.
- Toy chaos in the living room.
- The clothing hampers lived behind the bathroom door and you couldn't open the door the whole way. This really bothered GTot!
- Makeshift storage in the downstairs bathroom, looks makeshift, not finished, and is not well utilized. (and needs to be cleaned out!)
- Large kitchen items and canning jars and supplies that don't have good storage spaces.
- A Catch-All room that has been catching all kinds of junk for five years and needs some serious reorganization and de-junking!
- After I spent some time in the Catch-All Room working on #6, I realized that the walls looked awful - dingy and dirty and like they may never have been painted, just primed. Or maybe just flat white 17 years ago. Blech!
- Current guest room space needs to be converted over to kid's room space.
- New guest room space needs to be re-established so that we can easily host grandparents, family and friends!