Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Sunshine: Self Directed Activity


Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.


Sunday slipped past me.  Again.  It was filled with worship, alone time and a resounding theme of gratitude.   


Last week we were blessed with a date night and great friends who kept GTot for us.  G's favorite "big sister" was also able to come and hang out last week giving me some time to work on some projects.  


The end of the week brought the completion of some projects around our house, a successful fundraiser to go towards holiday food baskets in our community and some down time.  


This morning a new week has begun.  I am thrilled to be working my way towards our fall routine.  I got up a little earlier and had a little bit of time to wake up and collect myself before GTot woke up and that always seems to set a better tenor for my day.   Independent play is a new stage for GTot which I am LOVING!  While I worked on my morning chores, she colored and organized her crayons.  While I blog, she glues (occasionally asking for help or for me to "take a turn").  While I hang laundry, she blows bubbles.  It is a wonderful rhythm.  


Life is full.  I am thankful.


Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!



No comments:

Post a Comment