Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday Sunshine: Daily Thankfulness

* I had this ready to go once I added final notes on Sunday - then Irene came to visit and we've not had power since!


Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.


Gratitude and thankfulness have been a recurring theme this week for me this week.  It seemed whenever I hooked up a podcast, turned on the christian radio station or sat down to hear a sermon, gratitude and thankfulness were the theme.  So I dug out a notebook I had started a while back and restarted my dormant habit of listing things I am grateful for in a given moment or day.  Here are a few of the highlights this week.


:: Quiet, cool mornings and warm tea and coffee.
:: Fresh veggies from the garden
:: Impromptu dinner parties
:: Playdates for GTot
:: Sunny days
:: Bills are paid
:: Homemade Jam
:: Sound sleep
Life is full.  I am thankful.

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment