Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Sunshine: The Little Things

Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude through giving. 

I find that part of contentment is choosing to be thankful when I really would rather whine and complain.  But, I live with a three year old and I know how tiresome whining and complaining can be. So I am choosing to be thankful for the little things:

That we have a house to keep clean.  That I have dishes to wash because we had food to eat on them.  AND that I have clean, pure water running through the plumbing in my home to wash those dishes and to drink.  I'm glad that HandyMan and I both have work to not only keep us busy but to pay the bills.  That I have clothes and linens to wash, not to mention a working washer and dryer to help with the chore.

I'm also thankful that medications are available and have done their job over the last couple of weeks.  And for fudge in the freezer on a day riddled with particularly crazy sugar cravings - and for the healthy pregnancy that likely brought on those cravings. A group of other moms to gather with regularly and share commonalities of raising young children. A certain baby sitter's who's extra curricular activities were cancelled one day this week freeing her up to come and rescue me from the 3-year-old who I really am thankful for!  HandyMan who will talk through life's challenges and help me form a strategy on how to keep my sanity.

Life is challenging and I'm convinced it's how we handle those challenges that shows our true colors.  This week, my true colors weren't always pretty.  But that's where I can take a deep breath and try to do it better next time.  How do you handle the challenges that come your way?

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment