Friday, March 4, 2011

Freezer Friday: Defying Winter!

This week Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts were on sale at a local restaurant supply house.  A friend and I split a 40 pound case of chicken and got the rock bottom price of $1.39/pound.  In my world hope of spring, is running strong so I decided to pack it up- summer style.  Mind you, it was 31 degrees outside.  But the sun was shining!

So, I took ten pounds of chicken and packaged them up with BBQ sauce and Fajita Marinade.  Thaw and grill.  Yum!  I threw a couple pieces of chicken in the freezer un-touched to use in upcoming recipes.

As far as the other ten pounds of chicken go, that's where this story gets a little more interesting.  And since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll save myself the typing.  This is my grill:



This is the path that I shovelled to my grill:



And this is the packaged up grilled chicken that came into the house smelling like summer, and tasted pretty close to summer too!  We had to try the little scrawny piece!



It will get thawed and chopped on top of salads and used in recipes in the coming months as the weather warms up and the signs of spring and summer vanquish the the snow and ice!

1 comment:

  1. What a resourceful gal! I smelled a summer scent yesterday that you don't get much here--freshly mowed grass! I think the grilled chicken would trump that though

    ReplyDelete