Monday, September 21, 2009

Bread



I know fall has begun to make it's way into our neighborhood when I reach for my Bread book. I picked up a copy of Bread a couple years ago and it has become my go-to cookbook for making yeast breads. It is filled with techniques, recipes and tips I have found many of them helpful as I work to perfect my technique and would be helpful for a baker at any experience level. The recipe for Parker House rolls - phenomenal! I have yet to make a perfect ciabata but I will keep trying!

I love to make bread in the fall and winter and homemade soup and fresh bread is a common meal in our house. Having the oven on takes the chill out of the house and warm, fresh bread seems to warm the soul. Kneading, mixing and the smell of active yeast somehow seems therapeutic against dark drab days. So stay tuned and I will be sharing some of my favorite bread recipes as we head into soup and bread season. What are your favorite breads?

No comments:

Post a Comment