Friday, September 18, 2009

Freezer Friday: Potatoes, Zucchini & Cucumbers from the Garden

freezerfridaysmgardenyieldWhile I was out of town this week, the goodies from our garden continued to trickle into the kitchen.  I have more zucchini (anybody out there want to trade!) and cucumbers as well as some of our garden potatoes.  While none have made it to the freezer yet, I know the plans I have for them, says the chef!



The zucchini will be shredded or pureed and sent to the freezer for baking or smoothies.  The cucumbers are destined to be refrigerator pickles. (Close to the freezer, right?).  The potatoes are going to be transformed in to my mom's potato soup, which I've doctored into Baked Potato Soup.

I also made a great Harvest Rice dish this past week with acorn squash, italian sausage, apples, dried cranberries and pecans.  It was great and a portion of that went to the freezer too.  Both the soup and rice recipes are coming, once I get a free moment to type them up.

1 comment: