Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Charity's Candles Side of ThrivingMama

Some of you may have noticed that there's a link at the top to one of mycandle 005 part-time-work-at-home-mom endeavour: Charity's Candles and Crafts.  If you're in need of yummy soy candles to warm up your fall, I'm your gal!   September usually marks the beginning of the busy time under my Candle-Maker’s hat and this September is no different.  I have four good-sized craft fairs lined up for this fall in Greene, Walton, Oneonta and Chenango Valley, NY.  I also have two retail locations in businesses in Bainbridge and Norwich that will keep me on my toes.  This week I’ve been pouring and packaging candles and trying to get ready for the Greene Apple Fest the end of the month as well as working at the store in Norwich.

I’m glad to find that I still enjoy getting my hands waxy and pouring candles.  My dedicated chunks of time to the work seem to be a bit shorter, since there’s a short person in the house calling for lots of attention, but with one ear on the baby-monitor and one ear taking in an audio-book, I can get lost in my work for as long as nap-time will allow.

Just how much is that you ask?  Friday morning (after finding coffee, starting laundry, unloading dishwasher and finishing last night’s dishes) I managed to package about 70 candles poured earlier in the week, and pour about 50 candles in 6 different fragrances.  I was also working on pulling orders and organizing stuff in the chaos of my work-room.  All in the three hours between GBaby’s first breakfast and when she was ready to face the day.  I’m learning just how much I can get done in short spurts of time!

When do you find you can get the most done?  What is your favorite fall candle fragrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment