Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Calzones

As promised, here are my directions for how I made calzones during my Italian Cooking Day.

First, I used this crust recipe.  I was able to divide out the dough for 8 good sized calzones.  I rolled out each section of  dough into a circle.  Be careful not to roll it  too thin or your fillings will leak.

calzone1

Then I filled the dough with lefotver cheese filling from the Lasagnas, shredded mozerella and sliced up Meatballs.

calzone2

I closed up the dough by moistening with small bit of water and pulling up the dough from the bottom and tucking it in with the dough on the top.  Bake the calzones at 400 for 20-25 minutes.

calzone3

Serve them up with HV Marinara. The extras were reheated in the toaster oven a couple days later and they were just as good as the first time around!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment