Monday, February 1, 2010

February Kitchen Goals

kitchen challengeAfter completing the Eat from the Pantry Challenge in January, reminded me that I am a very goal oriented creature.  In most areas of my life, having something to work towards is a motivator and I love being able to see the progress as I go.  So, for February, I'm setting some kitchen goals to hopefully produce food for my family that will be a little bit healthier.

1.  One plate salad meal a week. I find that  our menu often lacks the veggies that we should be eating and in the winter, it is a huge challenge to find good produce at reasonable prices.  But here goes - we'll see how I do!

2.  Up the Whole Grains. I bake a lot and I use a LOT of regular un-bleached flour.  I am challenging myself this month that every baked good that comes out of my kitchen will have some portion of whole wheat or oat flour.

3. Back to the Baby Food. GBaby has moved past the mush baby food to eating a lot of what we eat.  When it seems like she needs more produce, I grab a banana.  Poor habits, I know!   So this month I will have cooked finger food veggies in assorted colors available in the fridge/freezer for GBaby's meals and snacks.

1 comment: