Friday, November 19, 2010

Freezer Friday: Marinara & White Bean Chili

freezerfridaysmThis week I restocked my freezer with marinara.  I think it's different every time I make it depending on what I have for veggies that need to be used.  I started with my HV Marinara and twisted it a little by adding carrots too since I had some in the freezer that needed to be thrown out hidden somewhere.  I ended up with about nine quarts of marinara all portioned out for future meals-all for less than $6.  More reasons why I love making my on marinara!

I also put together this Chicken and White Bean Chili that was great!  We at half the batch this week and the rest went to the freezer for later.  I used broth and chicken from a Chicken Cooking Day and beans from a day of cooking and freezing beans.  This recipe came together very quickly and was quite yummy!  Today I'm making a stock pot of Beef and Veggie soup which will make quick meals this weekend and in the coming months.

White Bean & Chicken Chili


    6 cup White beans, cooked and divided

    6 cup Chicken Broth

    2 medium Onions

    4 cups cooked Chicken, chopped
    1 can of  RoTel diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes & chilies)

    1 tsp Chili powder
    1 Tbs Salt
    1 tsp Black Pepper


Directions:

1.  Puree three cups of the white beans.

2.  Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot or your slow cooker.  Since all ingredients are cooked, you can just heat it through low and slow to combine all the ingredients.  If cooking on the stove, be sure to stir regularly as the pureed beans tend to sink can burn to the bottom of the pan.


This post is linked up at Life As Mom's Frugal Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment