Sunday, November 21, 2010

HV Fudge Brownies

I know, I know - why mess with a good thing, right?  I have to say, I had some horrid less than successful experiments with this recipe before I got to this version.  Too dry, too fudge-y (yes, it is possible), too yuk.  Are you getting the picture that I'm a bit particular about my brownies?

So, after much experimentation, I'm happy to share with you this Fudge Brownie recipe that has taken into account a few healthy alterations.

HV Fudge Brownies

1/4 cup Canola Oil

3/4 cup Sugar

1/4 cup Water

2-1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or darker!)

1/2 cup Squash puree (zucchini, butternut, pumpkin, yellow)

1-2/3 cup Flour

3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda

1.  Dissolve sugar, oil and water over low heat in a saucepan.  Once dissolved, remove from heat and add chocolate chips to the hot mixture, stirring until the chocolate chips dissolve.

2.  Once chocolate mixture is cool enough to not cook eggs, add beaten eggs and squash.  Mix thoroughly.

3.  Add dry ingredients to the batter (right in the sauce pan if it's big enough, otherwise switch to a bowl).  Mix until silky smooth and glossy.

4.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for about 30  minutes at 350 until center is set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment