Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

sunflowerPracticing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

Ahhh... the normalcy of sitting down on a Sunday afternoon to write my Sunday Sunshine post.  It seems like it's been a while - I guess it really hasn't.  I'm happy to say that after my systems failure of earlier this week, things began to come together and I'm starting to have a better feel of which way is up.

I'm thankful for deals - especially JCPenney who gave me $20 this week and Shutterfly who has given me our almost free Christmas cards.  It really is the little things that bring life back inside the budget when it starts to stretch!

On Saturday Gramma B came to stay with GBaby as HandyMan and I both had to work.  It's not often that our schedules collide as horribly as they did on Saturday, but it's great to have family close enough by to bail us out!  I had a craft fair on Saturday that went well:  good crowd, minimal clock watching and moderate sales.

GBaby continues to babble around the house, and occasionally she's blurt out a sentence that's understandable amidst the babble.  This morning was one of those moments.  Since most of her chatter sounds like she's trying to talk around a mouth full of marbles, it took her saying twice for me to realize that she was saying "Bye, bye, love you" as she waved out the door at Daddy as he was leaving for work.

Warm brownies on chilly afternoons and hot chocolate with marshmallows were also bright spots in my week.

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment