Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: A Happy Statistic

sunflower Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

This week was filled with joyful thankfulness!  We safely traveled to be with friends for Thanksgiving - such fun to gather from across the country to share a holiday.  Because of change of services, we were able to sneak a way for two nights and spend Thursday completely with friends (instead of in-transit).

The biggest joy of this week (and I think of the year) is that I was officially discharged from my oncologist on Wednesday. This marks 5 years free of cancer and cured as far as their records go!  Even with catching the 24-hour bug going around, I'm still so thankful for my health and to be part of a "good" statistic!

After that, everything else seems so minuscule - but I am thankful for a few online deals I caught and a few things I was able to unload on ebay.  G and I watched the first snow showers of the winter on Saturday, and watching her fascination was great.   G has been fairly cooperative with my "sick day" today.

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment