Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bags are Packed... or Not

suitcaseToday I have to pack and I am not a fan of packing.  Especially since the airlines have now added fees for checking bags.  So my mission is to get a week's worth of stuff for two adults and one infant packed into one duffle bag, a carry-on bag and a diaper bag.  I'm really glad that it is still summer and we're heading to a warm destination!

There was a time, in the very recent past when HandyMan and I spent seven weeks roaming around Europe with just our backpacks.  For this trip we will need a few things that we didn't need then - like diapers, stroller, wipes, car seat, binkies, teddy-bears, toys, blankets.  The new challenges of  travelling with an infant.

So our first "big trip"  with GBaby earlier this summer and she did great.  It went very well and were blessed to be staying with friends so anything we needed we borrowed.  This time we're staying at a retreat center that's not equipped for infants.  So, fortunately we still have friends that live nearby that are loaning us a couple important things -like a Pack 'n Play.  Next week will be an adventure.  I will have posts scheduled so you will have fun things to read while I'm away (like the promised Three Bean Chili recipe and yummy Zucchini Sweet Bread and ideas for your summer tomato crops).  Replies on comments will probably be delayed since I'll be working off my phone.

Here's my strategy for packing.  Do you have any tips for me?

1 comment:

  1. It gets easier and worse-with more children. As the mother of 7- I can attest that travel babbies are far easier than non-travel I have had both. Enjoy the times when they are little-soon they are 22 and don't need help with packing or much else---enjoy

    ReplyDelete