Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday's Sunshine

sundaysunshinesmAs a practice of contentment, I believe that it is important to stop and appreciate what we have been gifted with in this life.  The sun is always there, even when hidden by clouds. Sometimes we have to push away the clouds in our world to find the bright spots.  This week’s bright spots are bolded.

This week was particularly bright, not just with accomplishments and family time, but also with the weather.  We’ve had sunshine, light breezes and warm temperatures all week. I think this may be the first week this summer that’s been this nice.  To match the sunshine and beautiful weather I seemed to be full of energy and motivation which came down to lots of fresh produce finding its new home in the freezer.  I also spent lots of time outside hanging laundry to dry.

GBaby has been great this week with taking naps, but Friday morning was the best as she settled in for a lap nap since some installations at our home were a bit disruptive of the sanctuary of her crib.  We hadn’t really done this much in the last few months but the cuddly time was great!

As I sit on the back porch, I am filled with the joy of the fulleness of my life.  Join me in the practice of finding bright spots in your week and share them as a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment