Monday, August 17, 2009

Rocked My World... How to fold fitted sheets

So, I admit it.  I am one of those people who (until this summer) has NEVER folded up a fitted sheet.  I would take one corner to another, then all four corners together.  Fold it in half again and then kind of roll it up.  All that elastic and fabric in the corners never cooperated.  Then, my friend posted this video on Facebook.  In one minute and forty-two seconds of training and now, I can fold those darn things!  If fitted sheets just get wadded up in your linen closet - spare the minute-forty-two and check this out!  What other tricks to you guys know that I need to be filled in on?

4 comments:

  1. I also fold the flat sheet similiar sized,tuck the fitted sheet and pillow case/s in and you have the whole sheet set together...as a mom of 7 I look for time savers everywhere, sheet set together-saves time looking when beds need to be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - thats an awesome idea- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother (and yours) taught me how to fold a fitted sheet when I was about 10 years old. Imagine how good at folding I would be now if I had practiced the art instead of throwing the sheet in the closet with the others. 30+ years later I still feel grateful to know how to fold it but not too keen on practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy also said that your grandmother taught HIM how to do that! I was never in on that loop somehow so I am thankful for the lesson. I was close but never quite got it down that smoothly. Learn something new every day, right?

    ReplyDelete