Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: Re-inspiration

sunflowerPracticing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

This week brought a wonderful day with a dear friend, Greek food, and much needed naps for both GBaby and myself.  It seems as if this summer has been on fast forward and now it's the middle of August - it was time to slow down and try to catch my breath.    I let go of some of the things that seemed so important -hence fewer blog posts, less cleaning, less tasks - and this week involved more time with people.

I worked my hours at Made In Chenango one day this week, which gave me a day to catch up on my computer work and offline correspondence.  One day I gave myself permission to rest.  One day was beautifully sunny and spent catching upon laundry.

In this down time of sorts, I dreamed of sewing projects, kitchen projects, and de-cluttering.  I was re-inspired to do what I do as the Mom and household manager, and to to it well.

I hope you can look back, and forward, to find the joy dotting your story!


Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't want to say it, but I can't wait for winter when life seems to slow down a bit. I am taking this week to catch up on housework, like the laundry, and get some more stuff in the frezzer for winter, and then I have told myself next week I am making myself new aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What - life's going to slow down this winter? I sure hope so! Although, I think the only week that may slow in our world is our respite vacation in November. Projects, family & visiting friends during time off is great, but I'm really looking forward to stepping out everything for a week!

    ReplyDelete