As much as I hate to admit it, I fear that this growing season is just about over, however there is still a lot of work to do in my garden before winter. Here are some of the projects that are coming in the next few weeks in my garden:
1. Clear out all beds that are done for the year of all weeds & debris
2. Empty tomato trough & buckets
3. Remove tires & harvest potatoes
4. Weed, fertilize & straw to the strawberry bed
5. Pick remaining pumpkins and butternut squash and clear squash beds
6. Cut back and fertilize asparagus bed
7. Cut back perennials
8. Protect peppers as long as possible so that they can hopefully grow bigger before it gets too cold
9. Harvest remaining basil to store as Frugal Pesto.
I'm sure there's more, but this will be enough to get me started next week if the sun decides to come out!
This post is linked up at An Oregon Cottage's Tuesday Garden Party.