Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: Many Miles

sunflowerPracticing contentment by remembering the graces of the week and practicing gratitude by giving.

This week brought safe travels for our whole family as we traveled in different directions across the Northeast.  GBaby and I traveled to New Hampshire for a few days with my parents while HandyMan was off working in PA.  It's always fun to see GBaby with her grandparents, and just as fun to leave her with them for a few hours of much needed girl time with my dear college friend who still lives in NH.  The yummy Danish Puff that said friend sent home with me was pretty good too!

We had beautiful weather and great fall colors for our drive and GBaby earned a couple more gold stars for her car seat.  She is such a great traveler!

I was blessed that our local school district had given the students Friday off.  I had a craft fair to pack up for so I was able to make use of my Extra Hands since she was out of school (Thanks again!)

Saturday was a craft show with moderate sales, beautiful sunshine and a blustery breeze (yeah, could have done without the breeze, but better than rain!)  Today brought a much needed nap and a family date out for dinner.

We've logged a lot of miles this week - rolled one of our cars over 100,000 miles at I-495 and the Mass Pike on Thursday - and are happily home and settled in for a quiet evening to start the coming week.  I hope you can look back, and forward, to find the joy dotting your story!

Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.” (James 1:16 -The Message) May the light of the Father brighten your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment