Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baking Fun: Cream Puffs

  1. So often certain foods will conjure memories.  As I was making these I remembered my mom making cream puffs for my Grandpa George: he was diabetic and depending on how you fill the pastry shells, they are very diabetic friendly.  Which led to other memories of Grandpa George and sweet treats: like the time mom brought out sherbet alongside the icecream. Grandpa's eyes lit up like a little kid.  Fun stuff!  
We were having friends over for dinner on Friday night and I wanted to do something different for dessert.  I had seen cream puffs in bakeries and they were very yummy but I hadn't made them.  So, since the kids were up early (ugh) and happily playing (thank God!) I decided to play in the kitchen.  

As usual, I didn't go by a single recipe, I combined bits and pieces of three and these turned out very yummy!  

Vanilla Pudding (I made it with Almond Extract and then whipped it into 1 cup of whipping cream, whipped stiff)

No comments:

Post a Comment