Monday, June 14, 2010

Friendship Craft Fair – Richfield Springs, NY

richsprings1On Saturday, I took my candle show on the road for my first large show of the summer.  I left my house at the crack of dawn and drove into the clouds.  I arrived, found my space, set up my tent and the rain started falling.  Ugh!  I covered my tables and waited.  It continued to rain off and on all morning including thunder, lightening and downpours.  The trusty Weather Channel ap on my phone showed that the rain should be moving past.  Finally around 11am the rain faded to a drizzle and stopped.

The afternoon fared well and folks braved the mud and puddles to come check out this 31st annual event.  Sales were moderate and reports from veterans of this show were that on a sunny day, the park is packed.

Given the rain and chilly weather, this outdoor event did fine by my standards and I’m looking forward to giving it another try next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment