Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Savings Tracker

I am a numbers person and I like to save money.  When I was trying to explain my delight in saving money to HandyMan, he had a hard time wrapping his head around it.  He's also somewhat convinced that I have a pointy hat and magic wand stashed to get some of the deals that I get.  Finally he narrowed it down to the equivalent of opening his paycheck and thinking "Sweet! Money!"  I do the same thing for money that doesn't have to come out of our accounts for things we need (or want).  I like tracking our budget to see where we're on track and where we need to make changes.  I love to see the little line at the bottom of a receipt showing how much I saved because I used the [stupid] store loyalty card or coupons I went out of my way to print.

So imagine the pitter-pat dance my heart did when I stumbled upon The Coupon Project: Savings Tracker!  I know - I'm such a geek!  But, if you want to have an idea of how much you're saving throughout the year using discounts and coupons, check it out.  It is a great excel sheet that's easy to use.  Take a couple minutes and enter the information from your receipts and it will calculate it out for you.

1 comment:

  1. It's OK that you're a geek. This geek-lover loves you!

    ReplyDelete