Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frenzy of Family Visits, Fabulous Food & Construction Projects

I'm not quite sure how half the week got away from me but I'm not at all surprised.  Going into this week I knew it would be full of fun as my Brother-J and his girlfriend were coming through for a visit from Tuesday to Wednesday and my Brother-In-Law C is coming through to visit and help out with the Closet Construction on Thursday/Friday.  I love having BrotherJ and BILC come to visit and meeting Brother's girlfriend was great fun.  One of the perks of having them visit is that they both enjoy cooking and are both fantastic cooks.

On Monday night I cooked a beef brisket in the slow cooker with designs to have Hot Beef Sandwiches on Tuesday evening.  I started heating up the meat and making salad and BrotherJ jumped right in and started sauteing onions and making Au-jus.   As we ate our delicious dinner he started talking about making beef fried rice with some of the remaining meat.  If it was possible to become even hungrier while eating - I did!   So for lunch today, BrotherJ made Beef Fried Rice.  I wish I could say that I took notes so I could duplicate the yumminess, but I didn't.  I wish I could say I took great pictures to share, but I didn't.  I enjoyed the time of family gathered in the kitchen, preparing food and ribbing each other.  It's a fabulous treat and one not shared often enough with BrotherJ.

And tomorrow night, BILC is cooking dinner!  I love these boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment