Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

sundaysunshinesm Practicing contentment by remembering the graces of the week.  (Particular points of thankfullness are bolded.)

Well, I'm back on track: posting the Sunday Sunshine on Sunday! I had some time to get myself organized for the new year this past week while visiting with family.  We and a wonderfully relaxing time watching my parents love on and enjoy GBaby, playing cards, sharing time and laughing until I couldn't breath.  All marks of a great week!  As a bonus, GBaby and I both kicked our colds while we were away, so we all came home healthy again!

We were blessed with a date night from my parents for our anniversary.  We happily let them babysit while we went out and enjoyed an evening out of fine food and a non-infant centered meal.  As a bonus, GBaby was even asleep when we got home!

I got home and GBaby amused herself while I unpacked, baked and settled back in to my household chores.  I love to play with my little girl, but self-entertainment is priceless at times!

I was particularly psyched with a couple of gifts that came my way over the last couple of weeks.  One was a new hairdryer. The on/off switch on my old one fritzed out and I hadn't replaced it yet.  Now it can go away and be replaced by the new cord-keeper, sleek, high power, dry-my-mane of hair in minutes hair dryer!  The other is the pasta press plates for my Mama Mixer.  I can't wait to make homemade lasagna and spaghetti noodles!  The third favorite gift is one that I purchased for HandyMan and myself that will include a night away next summer.  It will be a great retreat for us that I am already looking forward too!

So many blessings to kick off 2010.  Look around, find the small things and focus on the best in your world this year!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment