Friday, January 8, 2010

Freezer Friday: Orange Cranberry Muffins & Dinner Rolls

freezerfridaysmWith the Eat from the Pantry [and Freezer] challenge underfreezerchallengeway, I’ve done baking this, but not much cooking.  I had grocery shopping and meetings on Monday, my monthly work day at Made in Chenango on Wednesday and heading to my brother’s today, my freezer meals made this week much easier!  We had Shepherd’s Pie with Garlic Cheddar Smashed Potatoes on Monday night and Turkey Butternut Squash Soup on Wednesday as our meals from the freezer this week and plate salads took on the fading produce from the veggie drawer on Tuesday.

So, I didn’t get to the batch cooking for a main meal this week but I did get some baked goorollsds to the freezer.  My freezer was empty of breakfast breads so I worked on taking care of that.  I made a batch of Orange Cranberry Bread (a variation of the Orange Chocolate Chip bread: more orangey, fruit and whole grains) and made it as muffins and mini-bundt cakes.  I also made a double batch of dinner rolls and sent some of those the freezer as well.  I'm working on a post for my favorite roll recipe - stay tuned!

How were your meals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment