Friday, January 29, 2010

Freezer Friday: Italian Cooking Day

freezerfridaysmI'm more of a "cook some extra" every week rather than a "take a full day to fill the freezer" batch cook.  On Wednesday, I started HV Marinara with the plan to make Lasagnas.  That went off beautifully.  I had one large Lasagna that went to the fridge to be used for a family gathering on Saturday.  Two small Lasagnas ended up in the freezer alongside three containers of Marinara.  lasagna06

I had planned to have pasta and meatballs for dinner.  But, as I finished up the Lasagnas, I had extra cheese filling.  I decided that Calzones would be the perfect destination and a much better dinner choice!  So I whipped up some dough, added sliced up meat and baked them up.  I rolled the dough a little too thin so they leaked but they were delicious! calzone3

I will post the Lasagna and Calzone recipes next week - for today is Birthday Cake Day - GBaby is 1!  Next week I do plan a Chicken cooking day including broth, "cream of" soup mix and Chicken Pot Pie Filling.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment