Monday, January 25, 2010

Mommy-Made-It Monday: More Soft Baby Shoes

We have had fabulous luck with the first batch of soft shoes.  Remarkably, they have stretched like a good pair of jeans and still fit.  The second set I made have gotten a bit tight.  Somewhere in between I also made a fleece lined denim pair that are getting a lot of use.  So, it was time to make more shoes.

For the khaki pair, the canvas fabric was leftover from my Mommy-Bag, which was left over from long ago curtain project.  The brown fleece was just hanging around and the leather bottoms are from a leather shirt that I grabbed at a thrift store.  Since they're soft and warm and usually rather difficult for the little people to take off, my nephew was jealous.  So I made a matching pair for him.

shoes

I made these cute black pair from felt left over from a sewing project HandyMan did (yup-he sews too!)  I lined them with scrap grey fleece.  This pair was particularly simple since both fabrics are non-fraying and I didn't have to 'hem' any of the edges on the back piece.  I had pink thread in the sewing machine from another project, so I just went with it.

shoes2

Next sewing project(s): Girl-kerchiefs, Bean bag chairs and t-shirt dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment