Friday, March 5, 2010

Freezer Friday: Clearing out the Freezer-Week 1

freezerfridaysm As I mentioned earlier this week, Freezer Fridays  will have a different look this month as I post up what we are eating out of the freezer and link back to the recipes.  Here are some of the meals that have graced our counter this week.

Chili Potato Bake- I had a bunch of red potatoes that needed to be used up so I chopped up about 6 cups of potatoes, added 3 cups of Three Bean Chili and baked it at 375 for about an hour.  I added about 2 cups of shredded cheddar to melt on the top for the last ten minutes.  We served it up with sour cream and it was a hearty lunch on a wintry day!

Spinach/Chicken/Rice Bake- I took one of the bags of mixed chicken from my Chicken Cooking Day and added frozen spinach and 8 cups of cooked rice.   I tossed everything together with a cheese sauce and had a great casserole.  It made 4- 8x8 pans so three of them went to the freezer.  It seems I can't help myself from batch cooking!

Spanish Rice Bake - I pulled Spanish Rice Bake from the freezer, paired it with a side of Pinto Beans (also from the freezer).  I added a tossed salad and we enjoyed a fairly balanced dinner.

Soup, Bread & Salad- Tomorrow night we'll have Butternut Squash Cream Soup, leftover salad and fresh bread.

This week completely got away from me - here's hoping for more blogging time for next week :).

No comments:

Post a Comment