Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Sunshine Made Me Do it

2010gardenLast Saturday was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining, a bird was waking up from winter and singing a song.  The winter chill gave way to a bit of spring-like warmth.  I opened my mailbox and the colorful images of my seed catalog met my eyes.  Mind you, this is the third one I've gotten.  The other two were skimmed and sent to the recycle bin.  But this one was opened, perused, dreamed over - the sunshine made me do it!  Then the catalog was ripped up- first as I pulled the pages out that held the vegetables that I dream of growing in the garden this summer, then as GBaby explored the remaining pages filled with bright colors.

We use the Square Foot Gardeningmethod in our 9 raised beds and have gotten quite a haul of produce the last two years.  I am hoping and praying that we will do as well this year. Last year we were plagued by some forest creature that devoured my green beans.  I am scheming ways to keep the varmint out of my garden this year.  As always with a relatively small space, I'm always scheming how to get the most of our favorite veggies in the space we have.

So, a good 6 weeks before I can even think of putting a seed in the ground, my garden is all planned out - well almost.  Stay tuned - as our garden season approaches I will be putting up regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment